Results-driven marketing professional with extensive experience leading projects and managing deliverables for a diverse clientele. Analytical professional skilled in successfully leading marketing and creative teams to excellence in operations in alignment with strategic business goals. Exceptional communicator able to cultivate relationships and drive collaboration across business lines to drive positive change. Consistently deliver comprehensive business approaches for improved productivity and enhanced profitability. Areas of expertise include:
- Digital Brand Marketing
- Strategic Business Planning
- Content Development
- Science and Health Communication
- Web Content Management
- Staff Leadership and Development
- Publication Management
- Editing and Authorship
- Problem Resolution
- Marketing and Public Relations: develop messages, create and implement campaigns
- Content Development: web content, newsletters, press releases, marketing materials
- Publication Management: develop editorial calendar, manage publication process
- Internet Savvy: blogging, social media, online presence, article marketing, SEO
CREATIVE CONTENT PRODUCER: (2009-present)
Create and deliver innovative, high-quality web and print content for a variety of diverse clients utilizing world-class applications and tools including Dreamweaver, Photoshop, WordPress, Aweber, iContact, Constant Contact, MailChimp, 1ShoppingCart, 2Dialog, and Microsoft Office Suite. Work closely with clients to design pieces for graphics and web design while writing copy that translates seamlessly across projects with a focus on enhanced brand awareness.
- Assisted multiple clients with attaining attractive and engaging, user-friendly websites.
- Honored to have published a successful award-winning book.
DIGITAL MEDIA & COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST, CSULB Research Foundation: (2015 to 2019)
Provided strategic leadership for managing the BUILD program’s online presence using digital media strategy to engage diverse audiences. Led activities for ensuring website and digital content was designed and maintained, while editing videos, updating social media, and writing and editing copy.
- Demonstrated expertise to create and manage compelling content ensuring accuracy of each piece and creative brand focus.
- Displayed ability to manage multiple priorities with accuracy and precision.
Editorial Director: Desert Lifestyle Publishing, Phoenix, AZ (2008)
Demonstrated expertise in content management and development by directing activities for creating several newsletter-style marketing pieces. Managed all aspects of projects including planning, scheduling, website design, content creation, copy editing, and calendar management in line with marketing campaign initiatives. Reviewed all materials and partnered across the business to establish editorial policy ensuring quality of digital and printed materials.
- Successfully collaborated on the development and launch of a new newsletter line.
- Demonstrated knowledge of formal writing practices to ensure clear and consistent communication across projects.
COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST, New Century Mortgage: (2006-2007)
Wrote, edited and distributed internal communications, primarily via e-mail. Responsible for employee communications via web and email using Outlook and enterprise-level content management system. (Contract to Permanent Position)
MANATING EDITOR, MAGAZINE CONTENT, Vocus Inc.: (2004-2006)
Developed content for the magazine section of a media contact database, managing a team of 2-3 senior media researchers and 8-16 media researchers. Interviewed and hired staff members, participated in planning meetings and other management-related tasks. Responsible for magazine portion of database, including project management, team management and development and content development. Used Word, Outlook and proprietary database management system.
Web Content Editor/Writer (Contract): Z-Tech Corporation, Rockville, MD (2003-2004)
Developed copy for National Human Genome Research Institute’s external (genome.gov) and internal websites. Assisted with re-launch of site, including new navigation, as well as other writing and editing assignments. Responsible for content development using Word, Outlook and a proprietary content management system.
- Writer/Editor, KidsGrowth.com/AviaHealth Inc.
- Newsletter Communications Specialist, Blue Shield of California
- Writer/Marketing and Communications Specialist, City of Hope
- Assistant Account Executive, Gracelyn & Burns
- Staff Writer, Maryland Agricultural Experiment Station
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
BA: Biology, University of California, Santa Cruz
Courses in marine biology, development and science writing
MS: Journalism, University of Maryland, College Park
Public Relations track, with an emphasis on science and visual communication
Certified Life Coach, Law of Attraction Life Coach Academy, Long Beach, Calif.
Additional seminars, workshops and classes in: Magazine Writing, Memoir Writing, Criminal Psychology, Voice, New Media Communications, Web Design, Project Management, TV Production, Events Planning, Training, Public Speaking and Dance.
SOFTWARE AND APPLICATIONS:
WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Photoshop and InDesign, Microsoft Office, Zoom, WebinarHD, WebinarIgnition, CMS, HTML, CSS, PHP, MySQL, PageMaker, Audacity, iMovie, Aweber, iContact, Constant Contact, MailChimp, 1ShoppingCart, 2Dialog
- National Association of Science Writers
- Women Speakers Association
- Writers Nonfiction Authors Association
- National Writers Union
- Toastmasters International
- President’s Distinguished Area E2 Governor
- Earned Distinguished Toastmaster Award
- Public Speaking Super Powers (Author Academy Elite)
- 57 Secrets for Branding Yourself Online (Logical Expressions, Inc.)
- Home Sweet Home Page: The 5 Deadly Mistakes Authors, Speakers & Coaches Make with Their Website’s Home Page and How to Fix Them! (Self-published)
- Bonkers for Bundt Cakes (Self-published)
- Your Perfect Pie (Self-published)