- Master’s degree in Journalism
- 20+ years experience
- Author of five books
- Four columns on Examiner.com
- Avid blogger
View writing samples here.
- Won three awards for the first three issues of CityLink, City of Hope’s quarterly employee newsletter
- 20+ years experience
- Coursework in editing techniques and practices
- Edited the work of freelance and staff in several positions
Web Content Development and Content Marketing
- Developed and managed content for KidsGrowth Professional and the CSULB BUILD program
- Managed social media for CSULB BUILD, as well as several clients
- Developed content for the National Human Genome Research Institute’s website
- Columnist on Examiner.com (had four columns)
- Avid blogger (have several blogs of my own)
View highlights of web content development projects here.
- Master’s in Journalism from what U.S. News & World Report called the #1 public relations graduate program in the nation
- Written press releases for a variety of organizations such as City of Hope National Medical Center, North Bay Career Resource Center and Maryland Agricultural Experiment Station
- Placed stories in a wide variety of publications including the Baltimore Sun and Pasadena Star-News
- Author of 57 Secrets for Marketing Yourself Online
- 20+ years marketing communications experience
- Developed marketing plans for clients and employers alike
- Managed several newsletters simultaneously at Blue Shield of California
- Managed weekly employee newsletter at City of Hope National Medical Center
- Coursework in Project Management
View highlights of projects managed here.
- Earned lifetime membership in the National Speech & Debate Association (formerly the National Forensic League).
- Toastmaster 1989-1994 and 2011-2019, earned Distinguished Toastmaster (DTM) award
- Competed in Speech in High School, winning several awards and earning a block in Speech
- Spoke for such organizations as Western Museum Association, Women of Faith in Business, Santa Rosa Junior College, Paradise Valley Community College, Assistance League of America and more
View public speaking highlights here.
Video Development & Editing
- Attended Television Production Workshop at Santa Rosa Junior College and produced several videos, including a 30-minute educational program
- Shoot, edit and post videos to three YouTube channels
- Well versed in the use of iMovies
View video samples here.
- Managed a team of 25+ staff at Vocus, Inc.
My team included senior media researchers, media researchers and project-specific temporary workers.
- Earned Distinguished Toastmaster (DTM) award through Toastmasters
The DTM is given only to those who have demonstrated outstanding leadership and communication skills and used those skills to help others in their self-development efforts.
- President’s Distinguished Area Governor for the 2013-2014 term
I helped the clubs in my area each reach Distinguished or better status.